- Indian government announces new incentives for electric vehicles: In February 2023, the Indian government announced a new set of incentives for electric vehicles (EVs) in the country, including lower taxes, subsidies for charging infrastructure, and incentives for manufacturers.
- Ola Electric unveils new electric scooter: In February 2023, Indian ride-hailing company Ola Electric unveiled its new electric scooter, the Ola S2. The scooter boasts a range of up to 150 km on a single charge and is expected to be available for purchase later this year.
- Tata Motors plans to launch new electric SUV: Indian automaker Tata Motors has announced plans to launch a new electric SUV, the Tata Punch EV, in the coming months. The SUV is expected to have a range of around 300 km on a single charge.
- Mahindra & Mahindra launches new electric car: In January 2023, Indian automaker Mahindra & Mahindra launched its new electric car, the eKUV100 NXT. The car is priced at around INR 8.25 lakh (approximately $11,000) and has a range of up to 150 km on a single charge.
- Delhi government plans to add 1,000 electric buses to its fleet: The government of Delhi, India’s capital city, has announced plans to add 1,000 electric buses to its public transportation fleet by the end of 2023. The move is part of the city’s efforts to combat air pollution and reduce carbon emissions.
- Tesla is set to launch its Model 3 electric car in India in 2023. The company has already started hiring employees for its India operations and is in talks with several state governments to set up a manufacturing plan.
- Indian ride-hailing giant Ola has announced plans to set up the world’s largest electric scooter factory in Tamil Nadu, with an annual capacity of 10 million units. The factory is expected to begin production in the second half of 2022.
- Indian government increases incentives for EV adoption: In February 2023, the Indian government announced an increase in incentives for the adoption of electric vehicles in the country. Under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) scheme, incentives for electric two-wheelers have been increased from INR 15,000 to INR 30,000, and for electric four-wheelers from INR 1.5 lakh to INR 2.5 lakh.
- Tata Motors unveils electric version of Tigor sedan: Tata Motors, one of India’s leading automobile manufacturers, recently unveiled the electric version of its Tigor sedan. The car comes with a 26 kWh battery that offers a range of 306 km on a single charge.
- The state of Gujarat has announced plans to set up a network of EV charging stations across the state, with a target of 250 stations by the end of 2023. The initiative is part of the state’s efforts to promote clean energy and reduce pollution.
- Partnership and investment: Many foreign players have shown interest in the Indian EV market, and several Indian companies have partnered with international companies to develop electric vehicles. Companies like Ola, Tata, and Mahindra have also announced significant investments in EV production.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!